Dodging the bullet?

A bullet in the heart surely would have killed me! However there were no guns at this fight. I was working on my van that day on September 8,2005. I had just let the vehicle down of the jack. The pain in my arms was unbearable to say the least. Was I having a heart attack? I made a decision to drive myself to the nearest hospital about a mile away. Why did I not call 911? "God only knows" I live on the third floor of a 55 plus complex. I could have done what most men would do? Go back upstairs and write it off as bad indigestion. Here I am in the parking lot suffering pretty intense pain. The events that followed totally amazed me. If ever I thought I could predict my life's circumstances, from the time the pain started I was no longer in control! I arrived at the emergency room in about fifteen minutes. Yes I was having a heart attack caused by a blocked artery. They had to rush me to an other hospital at the other side of the city. The team of doctors were waiting and within minutes they performed an angioplasty/stent saving my life.

It seems that I did all the right things by getting to the hospital within the first hour. My heart was damaged. It's now December 27 three and a half months later and I feel great with the help of medication. The future looks good providing I take good care of my health. Thanks to my higher power and science I should live for some time yet! Boy that was close????