What a country eh! Got the part!

I had accepted the decision that I would not get the part in the movie Clear lake. Small with only four lines, however my first speaking roll. I had spent the day with my best friends Sonny and his wife Evelyn. Friends since teenagers. I came home and had a message from Lori Casting director with next Casting. I was to call her. I called and left a message. I've worked with next casting since 2001. Most calls were for a time and place and what to wear. A brief description of the movie. The phone rang around lunch time. Lori from casting, Maurice I want to let you know that we decided your audition was to good to pass up. We had to convince actra that we wanted you for the roll as the " Salvage yard boss". How and who they had to convince I was the choice for the roll is the part of the business I don't understand. However from an extra to an actor, what a change from just a few days ago. I had a cell phone that I gave up about fifteen years ago. Lori had asked me when she called my about my first audition as the Salvage yard boss, if I had a cell phone. I said then, I can't afford that luxury. Believe me the $90.00 investment was a stretch for me, however I got a cell phone. So now I'm in a different ball game. Exciting, absolutely! Where will it take me? Who knows with this crazy business. Looking forward to the journey. I can't forget the last twenty seven or so years of living "one day at a time".