Post Cataract Surgery?

Holly Molly people? Cataract surgery is a big business? Went to Misericordia urgent care and nursing facility, once a 125-bed hospital in Winnipeg! I arrived one hour early 11;00 am as requested for pre-operation set up. I was not the only one there for sure dam? The room was lined up with beds as far as my bad eyes could see! The ones with patches on one eye eating toast and coffee had past the production line ready to be shipped out? My inquisitive journalistic mind went into action! How many surgeries a day are performed here I ask? An average of 50 nurse answered! They have four operating rooms on the move cutting out cataracts. Blue haired ladies and grey haired balding men can be seen pushed back and forth in and out! Ham and eggs toast and coffee was once the breakfast for the golden oldies? Cut backs and a poorly run health care system running out of money is evident. A room full of highly paid help keeps the production line in motion?
One gal runs the coffee pot and toaster tucked in the in corner going steady! I paid $300 for soft lens implant not covered by Manitoba health? I still have one more eye to be done in the end of May at a cost of $300! The person in the next bed who chose the hard lens implant gets it done free of charge! Ok my choice you say? My research shows that Ontario health care system has no charge for soft lens implant! May I add that I’m struggling to write this as I try seeing past the constant fog permeating my eye? Post operation doctor visit he says normal for a tuff cataract removal? What ever? At least a week in the fog-putting eye drops 4 times a day! Don’t listen to your friends that say I could see vivid clear colors the next morning! In some cases yes it does happen! By the way the doctor said I could drive, however very carefully! If you live in Winnipeg and see a beat-up 87 Dodge Caravan coming your way, take your chances lol! As usual its Never a yes or no with me it’s a long-winded story! Hey have a nice Sunday and it’s great seeing you, well almost!

Maurice